Review Detail

Overall rating 

Miles/Kilometres on Pickup 

Location Convenience 

Staff / Quality of Service 

Vehicle Condition - Outside 

Vehicle Condition - Inside 

DON'T RECOMMEND

We made a reservation for the Thanksgiving Holiday two months in advance. I had my family of four plus my two elderly parents, so we reserved a a van. When we landed and went to pick up our van, they told us that they had NO cars, let alone a van. The customer service agents suggested that we either uber or add our name to a two-page list of customers who were waiting on a car. They said that they "had no idea if/when they would be getting cars" I asked them to re-book us with one of the many other rental companies at the airport. They said they did not do that.

So, on Thanksgiving Day, we had to go counter to counter and wait in countless lines to find a company that had a van/suv to accommodate our needs. We were late for our commitment and ended up paying 3x the price for the rental.

I have reached out to Alamo several times since then, given them my contact information, reservation number and a photo of the receipt for the replacement rental - to no avail. I was told I would be contacted the day after thanksgiving, but never heard anything. In my subsequent outreach, I have been told to "be patient, they are busy with the holidays." Given a week has gone by and I have spent a lot of time following up - I have very little confidence that Alamo will resolve the situation.

I would like to give them 0 stars, as I would never recommend, but that is not an option.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account