Review Detail

Overall rating 

Miles/Kilometres on Pickup 

Location Convenience 

Staff / Quality of Service 

Vehicle Condition - Outside 

Vehicle Condition - Inside 

Unacceptable High Mileage

I booked a Standard SUV through Thrifty. There were no Standard SUV's available so they offered a Full Size SUV Upgrade at no cost. It was getting dark and we had a 2 hour drive in front of us following a 12 hour trip from the UK so we accepted.

Shortly into the journey it became clear that the car was not what one would expect from an international car rental company. 54,000 miles on the clock. Badly stained upholstery. Unpleasant spell. It felt "loose" and the next morning it was difficult to start.

We took the car to Thrifty in Sarasota to get a replacement. After some initial reticence we were offered a 39,000 replacement - the only one available. It was marginally better, but the rear windscreen wiper had no rubber and so the rear windscreen was scratched.

I was told that since Hertz bought Thrifty they give them the high mileage cars. I was also told by Thrifty staff that cars with 65,000 on the clock was not now unusual.

If this is part of a Hertz Strategy to justify higher prices from Hertz they need to rethink. Choice is becoming more limited and the quality of product on offer is severely reduced.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account