Review Detail

Overall rating 

Miles/Kilometres on Pickup 

Location Convenience 

Staff / Quality of Service 

Vehicle Condition - Outside 

Vehicle Condition - Inside 

sleeper

I am writing a review here and just about anywhere I can find. Because an employee had told me to do so, because the owner of this location is a shister. Quoted from the employee himself. To start off, I booked my rental car 2 months in advance. When i arrived at sixt rental car in tampa, I was faced with a dilemma. The front desk associate had broke the bad news to me that my rental car that I reserved 2 months in advance was not available. So my options were, down grade to a mini van, or upgrade for a whopping 12$ extra a day for a volvo. I am a young girl, and later was informed by the employee at my exit (which ill clarify more on later) that it is a state law if they dont have the car you reserved they have to give you the same price for the upgrade as it was when you reserve the car. Now for the return, returning my volvo was the biggest nightmear! Ill try and discribe this volvo as it was when I picked it up. It was a brand new 2014, had been drivin like crap from previous drivers, there was scratches and dents all over, inside the car there was cigarette burns in a couple spots, the axle was bad and had a really bad pull to the right, and the gas was only half full. Before I dropped the car off, I filled the tank back up to half full at a gas station right next door to sixt. As I dropped the car off the guy was walking around the car and then got in the car and checked the gas level. So he grabbed my attention and said, "mam you do realize your tank was at 6/8th of a tank right?" I said, "no it was at a half tank." I didnt argue any more and went and filled up a little more. I get back and he also pointed out a decent scratch on the front bumber. He said I would have to fill out an incident report, give my insurance information, and my card was going to be charged a total of 880$!!!! I said, "this is rediculous! , I never made the scratch and the car was full of them. The lady inspector who was inspecting the car never walked around the whole car, checked it while it was dripping wet, and was doing all this while texting!. Can I speak to a mananger!!" The guy never said there wasnt a manager, after I asked several times. I am now dealing with my insurance, who I know will stick up for me, and my bank. Non of which I asked for or deserved. I truly hope everyone sees this before they think about renting a car from this place.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account