Hertz Car Rental - Kiev Borispil International Airport - KBP - Ukraine
Verified Renter reviews ®
Franchise to avoid.
In case someone considers Hertz Ukraine - I just want to share my experience with Hertz car rental in Kiev Airport on my recent trip there.
1. Upon arrival at KBP airport there is no HERTZ booth. I do speak local language, but it took some time to find the “right guy” standing casually at middle of airport.
2. Company did a classical “Bait and Switch“. I have reserved Compact SUV, but they were only able to provide a compact car. Conveniently- that only came out after I gave guy my CC and he successfully charged on it my Rental fee AND $1,000 for security deposit! I’ve tried talked to a “manager”, but he offered no satisfying solutions. So, instead of class J (CFAR) compact SUV 4 door Suzuki Grand Vitara- I was given just a compact Skoda Fabia they claimed I have reserved as “Ukrainian J-class”. BTW Car was covered in scratches 3 year old beater with 80,000 on odometer.
Keep in mind that I have called Hertz US two times to confirm type of car I have reserved and asked them to forward Hertz Ukraine that I will require space for 5 adults and 3 pieces of large luggage .
3. I was so upset that only after I have left I noticed that no receipts/ paperwork were given. All I was left was insurance/ registration for car itself and CC receipt slip (in local currency ONLY, so I had no idea how much exactly I was charged).
4. Upon return - There is NO marked place to return the car. You have to call “the guy” and just pull in parking lot. I arrived at noon and called. They said that I reserved my car till 12:30 and that is when they will meet me there. And I waited and waited -till 12:45. Fed up, I call again and “the guy” says he “stuck in traffic”. (BS as I just drove that road myself and there were NO traffic) Finally he tells me to drop key off with different car rental company (United) booth at airport and I did so, as I had to make a flight. Needless to say -I do not have any paperwork for car.
5. Lastly-pricing. I was Quoted in EUR329 (or $360 USD taxes included) but charged $470! Once again: there was no paperwork given to me, so I do not know what I am being charged for.
BTW: Upon return I contacted Hertz USA and was informed that Hertz at KBP is an independent location and there is nothing they could do.