Review Detail

Overall rating 

Miles/Kilometres on Pickup 

Location Convenience 

Staff / Quality of Service 

Vehicle Condition - Outside 

Vehicle Condition - Inside 

Complete scam and broke the contract to supply vehicle

On arrival at the desk I gave the guy my pre paid invoice and my credit card for the fuel policy . After login in my drivers licence he said that's 330 euros to which I said what's that for he then stated that there was no insurance cover with this car hire and the fuel pre pay is 130 euros for a fiat punto . I said where does it say no insurance to which he just shrugged his shoulders and said the amount again I stated t says pre pay fuel for a bb car was 47-60 euros he shrugged again .i then asked again so there is no insurance with this car at all he then said 3rd party but still refused to give me the car without paying the insurance .by this point my wife said we don't want the car we will get a taxi! This seemed to throw him back ,he then said I will knock 30 percent of the insurance to which I said I don't want insurance ,he then said I could pay a 2000 euro deposit for the car which seems really high it quoted on there web site between 950 to 1900 depends on the car .it was a fiat punto lol so we decided to leave the car hire and get a taxi and loose our pre paid money seemed the best option with this bunch of thieves . do not use this company at any cost .

Service

Mentionable Staff
The rude bloke with the beard
Comments
So far up his own ....
Owner's reply
VictoriaR - Goldcar Customer Service VictoriaR - Goldcar Customer Service

Dear Darwich,

Thanks for your review. We're constantly improving services and process and our customer's opinion is key to achieve it. On the issue you described, please let me explain that initial prices offered on our websites are for basic rental. Then, our customers are free to add as many services as they need, with the consequent increase of the price. But it any case the decision of adding an extra depends only on them.

Anyway, I recommend you to sent us an email on [email protected] in order to study further your case.

Regards,
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1  

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account
Garydavies23 Written by Garydavies23
August 28, 2016
Dear vista
Thank you for this fast reply I am still waiting for the 2 messages I sent Thtough trip adviser on the 25/26 Aug to clear up fuel and insurance question I had .which was sent direct to you ! I like the wAy you say feel free to add extras . Because no you ain't !!! Do you think 130 E ours for petrol for a fiat punto is reasonable ? Do you think 190 euros is reasonable for insurance and lastly do you think 2000 depoist is reasonable ? I under stand there would be a petrol surcharge which was fine but I did not think telling me there was no insurance with the car at all and forcing me to pay 190 for it is a scam and a con .
1 results - showing 1 - 1