Review Detail

Overall rating 

Miles/Kilometres on Pickup 

Location Convenience 

Staff / Quality of Service 

Vehicle Condition - Outside 

Vehicle Condition - Inside 

Lucky I looked over the carmyself

After using Goldcar for 2 years finding them the cheapest I have stayed with them renting cars in Gran canaria about 9 times,
Yes I know they charge extra for fuel and the extra for the logistics of putting the fuel in the car but has still been better than others until now.
After collecting the car and paying €900 deposit on my credit card I went to collect my car strait away I could see the car was very damaged a lot more than what was on my contract. I found a lady at the collection point cArpark and said about all the damage that was not on my contract she said she would add the damage I had said to the contract and signed it with out even looking at the car. After a week I returned the car early so I could show the office about the extra damage, lady at the office said that it would be fine that she would add a note with the keys so I would not get charged. One day after I returned home I had an email for damage I had done to the car and had been charged over €436. I logged a complaint and a copy of my contract that I had one of there staff sign with the damage reported before I used the car. They said there had been a mistake in the return proses and said they would refund for 2 areas of damage but not the scratch on rear panel and would still change me €150 for that and closed the claim. So I opened another claim and said what I had before about the damage I had reported they replied sending me a copy of the contract before I had the damage hand written on it saying the contract showing no damage before I had taken it, I had sent a copy of the contract with the damage on the first claim u would think they would have looked at that, so I will continue to try and get my money back but it's really hard work I even called the office and asked to talk to customer services they said there was no number to talk with CS but if I wanted to tell her she would call them on the phone and tell them ( on the phone they don't have ) after 2-3 min she come back to me and said CS would email me in a week, I said they had said that last week she said they are very vey busy in customer services, And it's now I know why .
I am being charged for gold cars incompetence of not logging damage on the contract before I used the car if i had not got a goldcar worker to sign that i had reported this damage I would have no proof, but even with this I'm still fighting for €150 they have still taken from me.

Owner's reply
VictoriaR - Goldcar Customer Service VictoriaR - Goldcar Customer Service

Dear 54poprod,

Thanks for your comment.

On the issue you described, please send us an email to goldcarweb@goldcar.com (indicating your contract number) and we'll investigate your case further.

Kind regards.

Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account