Review Detail

Overall rating 

Miles/Kilometres on Pickup 

Location Convenience 

Staff / Quality of Service 

Vehicle Condition - Outside 

Vehicle Condition - Inside 

Avoid Gold Car!!!

AVOID!! Rented a car from Gold car for ten days in Gran Canaria. When I arrived I was asked if I wanted to take additional car insurance, I declined (because I had already purchased additional insurance with another online provider). The lady behind the desk handed me a contract in Spanish and I was told I needed to pay a refundable deposit. When I returned home I discovered they hadn't given me all my deposit back. I called the Gold Car office and was told I had agreed to take the additional insurance and signed the contract. I kicked up a fuss and they gave me an email address. I emailed and got a response to say, as I signed the contract nothing I can do. I even sent them proof of the other insurance I had taken out. I felt my case wasn't dealt with properly and they never answered any of my questions (just kept copying and pasting the last email they sent me). It's an absolute scam and I can't believe they get away with it. They have taken £150 from my account and it's disgraceful! You only have to google them and see all the bad things. I don't ever write reviews but I would advise everyone to avoid using Gold Car. 

Service

Comments
Poor customer service!
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account