Review Detail

Overall rating 

Miles/Kilometres on Pickup 

Location Convenience 

Staff / Quality of Service 

Vehicle Condition - Outside 

Vehicle Condition - Inside 

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE, FRAUDULENT CHARGES

Leaving a trainee to run a rental office at an international airport is negligent. Leaving a trainee who has no typing skills and who does not know the difference between contact number and address; that's just bad business. I left the office with no contract; Mary basically gave me the key to the car without any paperwork because she was unable to enter my info in their system and I was not willing to wait another minute. I did leave after doing an inspection of the car with one of the hertz employees who promptly marked all the dents on the car. The company has since charged me for one of the dents and no one is responding to my calls. As a result I have reported the charges as fraudulent and my credit card company is currently handling the claim. I will NEVER rent a car from Hertz again. This has been the worst experience dealing with a car rental company. 

Service

Mentionable Staff
Mary and Charlene
Comments
Mary clearly is not qualified to run an office and yet she's still there. Can't type and can't record basic information such as Name, Address, etc. I had to explain to her what 'additional ID' meant. Dealing with her wasted 3 hours of my time, I had landed with my one year old and Hertz totally wasted my time.
Charlene, the manager at Sandton, has been very polite over the phone but has done nothing to rectify the negligence associated with my dealings with the Lanseria office. I've attempted to reach out to her several times and now that I'm back in the US, that means I have to go to bed late or get up extra early to get in touch with her. At this point, I believe she's avoiding my calls.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account