Review Detail

Overall rating 

Miles/Kilometres on Pickup 

Location Convenience 

Staff / Quality of Service 

Vehicle Condition - Outside 

Vehicle Condition - Inside 

Warning! Thrifty car at Tocumen is a scam! Rent somewhere else...

We were renting a 4x4 jeep for 3 weeks at Thrifty car rental at Tocumen int. airport, and when we returned it this really unpleasant dude (Miguel) stated that "the car was a mess" (which it wasn't), and that we needed to pay USD 150 for a car wash. This wasn't anything they'd informed us about when collecting the car, nor could they show us were it said so in the contract we'd signed.

We argued with them for a good 45 minutes and they finally agreed to return our deposit since they couldn’t prove that they had a clause about the demand to wash the car before returning it. Three days later when I checked my account back in Sweden I found out that douchebags at Thrifty cars had charged me USD 150 anyways...

I contacted my credit card company and asked them to dispute the transaction since there was no agreement. Thrifty tried to redo the transaction a couple of times but four month later we won this battle and the money was returned to us.

So my advice is: get a written document/receipt that they will return the deposit, then the whole appeal with your credit card company will run more smoothly,,, or DON'T rent from Thrifty cars.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account