(Updated: November 09, 2016)
Overall rating 

Miles/Kilometres on Pickup 

Location Convenience 

Staff / Quality of Service 

Vehicle Condition - Outside 

Vehicle Condition - Inside 

BEWARE of renting from Gold Car in Malta

Stay AWAY from renting any cars with Gold Car in Malta. When we returned the car to the Malta Airport location, there were 3 people ahead of us that were returning their cars. ALL OF THEM - and I mean ALL OF THEM were charged fees due to supposed car damage. The folks in front of us had to fork over the equivalent of $700 and then we got hit with $500. It seems to be how they make their money, hitting you with bogus charges. They may come up the cheapest car rental when you search, but believe me, you'll wind up paying extra in the end. NOT WORTH THE TIME OR MONEY!

Service

Comments
This is in response to the "Victoria R." Gold Car Representative. Unfortunately, my case is not a highly unusual situation. Read the hundreds of negative reviews Gold Car is receiving. Maybe the very fact that you feel my case is unusual is why Gold Car is so inept and a disaster. Gold Car should be investigated for rip off tactics and for fleecing unsuspecting customers when they turn in their cars. This is how you are really making your money, by charging outlandish fees for damage that doesn't exist, and then holding the customers hostage until they pay. Most of us return our cars at the airport location so we have planes to catch and don't have time to deal with your ignorant staff. I hope my review goes a long way to help steer others away from ever dealing with Gold Car. You are not worth the headache!
Owner's reply
VictoriaR - Goldcar Customer Service VictoriaR - Goldcar Customer Service

Dear TaraMann2016,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Please note that your case is a highly unusual situation. Therefore we invite you to open a query here: https://www.goldcar.es/en/incidencias/. Our customer service department will deal with your case directly.

Regards,
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account