Review Detail

Overall rating 

Miles/Kilometres on Pickup 

Location Convenience 

Staff / Quality of Service 

Vehicle Condition - Outside 

Vehicle Condition - Inside 

Car Battery died, Thrifty MoBay office no help!

I picked up rental car December 1st at about 4 p.m. in the Montego Bay Thrifty office I drove about 40 miles from Montego Bay to Negril stopped for gas to fill up, the car would not start again at gas stop. I called the number they gave me for assistance if I have a problem and the lady told me nobody could do anything till 11 a.m. the next day, Sunday. I left the car at the gas station was very worried about leaving it there, the next morning, Sunday, I took a taxi (5 dollars) down to the gas station to meet up with a Jamaican native who met me with a jumper cable and we jumped the car for ten dollars and I drove it to my hotel Sunday morning. I called the Thrifty office in Mobay the number they gave, me several times, they kept saying somebody's going to come out, first at 12:30 PM, Sunday,, and somebody's going to come out soon. No one from Thrifty ever showed up to give me a new battery or exchange the vehicle for a better one. These cars are 10 years old or older with over 100,000 km on the odometer. The next morning December 3rd, I had to get to the airport so I had to pay another local Jamaican $10 to jump start the car for me and I also had to purchase jumper cables $10, I brought the car back, never got to use it other than to and from the airport. The three days were a waste, no vehicle and the lady at the desk was rude and stated to me, "what do you want me to do about it" Do not ever rent from this Thrifty Mobay office, horrible horrible horrible service. I am taking the charge off my credit card account, already disputed it

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account