Review Detail

Overall rating 
Miles/Kilometres on Pickup 
Location Convenience 
Staff / Quality of Service 
Vehicle Condition - Outside 
Vehicle Condition - Inside 

Beware: Thieves and Scam Artists

This is a review of the Thrifty Rental outlet in downtown Quito (off Ave Americas)

Good location, good facilities and good car - but an absolutely fraudulent staff consisting of two ladies (one named Angeles) who not only knew very little about cars and terms but cheerfully lied through their teeth regarding the terms and spun a new story later.

I rented a car in Jan 2016 for a day. Since I was traveling around 400 km I asked for a tank-to-tank rental (where I pay for all gas and a slightly higher fixed charge) instead of a mileage-based rental (where some gas is free and the rental is low but additional mileage is charged). This was agreed at the time of pickup.

On return the same sales lady - Angeles - first tried to get me to pay for 'additional mileage'. On being reminded that these were not the terms she accepted her mistake and promised that the issue was resolved. On my return to New York two days later I found Thrifty had charged me for additional mileage. When called she denied our earlier conversation completely and passed the buck to her boss saying she could do nothing. On reminding her that I had given no authorization to charge my card in my absence she simply said 'Thats how we work in Thrifty'.

Enough said, Thrifty seems to be a bunch of con artists and fraudsters. I strongly recommend against using them.

Mentionable Staff
Ms. Angeles
A cheat and a crook. She lied outright regarding the terms at the time of pickup and lied again when car was dropped off. Later she fraudulently charged my credit card without approval and lied a third time on the phone when confronted. Deal with her at your own risk.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Already have an account? or Create an account