Review Detail

Overall rating 

Miles/Kilometres on Pickup 

Location Convenience 

Staff / Quality of Service 

Vehicle Condition - Outside 

Vehicle Condition - Inside 

Deceptive practices

I was quoted a price ($44) for a Budget car rental before I departed the US and upon checking in at the counter in SDQ I was told that the rental would cost 5 times more ($250). I showed the representative my reservation and he said that the quote was for the car but the insurance was more. I stated that I had insurance for the rental on both my credit card and my car insurance company. He stated that the insurance was mandatory and he wouldn't rent the car to me without me paying the huge fees. Felt like a total scam. Trip was ruined as I needed the rental car but I wasn't going submit to the scam.

When I returned to the US, I contacted Budget and after much arguing I was finally able to speak to a supervisor. The response was that they were sorry but there was nothing they can do. They said that because I booked it thru American Airlines I didn't know that the insurance was mandatory. She said that if I booked it thru Budget's website I would have been told about the mandatory insurance. Total lie...because when I got off the phone, I went to Budget's website and reserved the same rental as before. Budget's own website did not require this mandatory insurance. Way to scam your customers!!!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account