Review Detail

Overall rating 

Miles/Kilometres on Pickup 

Location Convenience 

Staff / Quality of Service 

Vehicle Condition - Outside 

Vehicle Condition - Inside 

Another Scam Courtesy of Hertz in Punta Cana Airport

The following is to express my indignation to Hertz Corporate with my recent experience at the Hertz location in Punta Cana International airport (PUJ)Dominican Republic. On November 25, 2015, I reserved a vehicle via Hertz website for December 24 at 2:30pm to be picked up at Punta Cana airport. I received confirmation number G76503932F8 via e-mail and based on that I planned my vacation. On December 20, 2015 I received another confirmation email with a reminder for the upcoming trip. When I arrived to the airport to pick up the car, the Hertz representative at the counter looked up my name, read the information and indicated that there were no vehicles available at the moment. They offered me another vehicle with an inflated rate plus I had to pay for the insurance regardless if I had my own insurance. I requested to speak with a supervisor and the person taking care of me said his shift was over and left the counter. A young male stayed in the counter and I asked for their names including the supervisor and he refused to provide them. The same situation happened to a couple that was waiting next to me at the Hertz counter. I felt this company is taking advantage of the situation of their customers to inflate their rates at last minute and force them to buy the insurance. I have dealt with numerous rent a car companies in different countries before, including Hertz, and never had to face that deceptive business practice. I believe each location belongs to an independent owner but still they have to meet the required quality standards of the franchise. After this experience I refused to give them my business and rented from a local rent a car off airport. People at the airport were indicating that rental car companies at the airport terminal are notorious to engage in this practice during high season. I wanted to take the time to share my experience because it ruined my vacations as well as my trust with Hertz. I wish that in the future Hertz Corporate conduct an audit with undercover customers so they experience the abuse and deception that this location is promoting along with other rental companies. Situations like this ruin the reputation and customer trust. It is also advantageous to the competition that is doing fair business.

Service

Mentionable Staff
None
Comments
Staff refused to provide their names.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account