PARSIPPANY, N.J., Oct. 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avis Car Rental today unveiled its model-year 2014 vehicle roster, which will soon be available at Avis locations across the United States.
"We take great pride in operating a young fleet that is structured to meet the various rental needs of travelers and those in need of temporary ground transportation. In fact, it's part of our commitment to 'put the customer first,'" said Tom Gartland, president, North America. "We're pleased to unveil our 2014 fleet and look forward to serving renters at Avis local market locations and airport destinations across the country."
The Avis 2014 lineup features new Chevrolet, Kia, Infiniti, Subaru and Volkswagen vehicles as well as makes and models from other automobile manufacturers, including:
- BMW —Avis once again features a wide range of BMW vehicles as part of the "Avis Signature Series," a collection of fun-to-drive vehicles. The 2014 fleet includes sedans such as the 328i, 528i and 740i, sports activity vehicles such as the X3 and X5, and BMW's first roadster with a retractable hardtop, the Z4.
- Cadillac — The most acclaimed luxury SUV, the Cadillac Escalade, was popular among renters last year, so Avis has purchased more Escalades this year. The 2014 Escalade boasts a 403-horsepower V8 engine, heated and cooled front seats, a heated steering wheel, rear-vision camera, tri-zone climate control, a power sun roof and a roof-mounted luggage rack. Also in the Avis 2014 fleet is the Cadillac XTS. The luxury sedan features a 3.6-liter 304-horsepower V6 engine, a heated steering wheel, heated front and rear seats, an eight-speaker Bose® sound system and rear-vision camera. The previous model year vehicle was highly praised by technology and auto experts alike.
- Mazda — The redesigned CX-5 crossover vehicle has been added to the Avis fleet. The CX-5 features a 2.5-liter 184-horsepower four-cylinder engine, and flexible seating for five or up to 65.4 cubic feet of cargo capacity. Also in the Avis fleet is the Mazda6 sedan that features a push-button ignition and road-trip-friendly amenities such as seating for six, dual front cup holders, front door bottle holders and rear center armrest with cup holders, an auxiliary-audio input jack and a USB audio input jack.
- Nissan — The all-new Nissan Versa-Note joins the Avis fleet. With seating for five, the hatchback vehicle is fun and fuel-efficient (40 highway miles per gallon). The Versa-Note also features split fold-down rear seats for those needing extra cargo space.
- Mitsubishi — Mitsubishi's all-new Mirage has been added to the Avis 2014 fleet. The five-door hatchback seats five and has a fuel-efficiency rating of 44 highway miles per gallon. Other highlights include automatic climate control, One-Touch Start/Stop (OSS) engine switch, steering-wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls and Bluetooth® connectivity.
- Toyota — The Toyota Corolla was redesigned for 2014. The all-new Corolla features a new exterior, a 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine, and a roomy interior with split fold-down rear seats, Bluetooth connectivity, steering-wheel-mounted audio controls and cruise control.
Availability of vehicles is limited and may vary by location. For more information or to make a reservation, customers should visit www.avis.com.
A variety of vehicles from the Avis 2013 fleet are now available for consumer purchase through the Company's no-haggle, no-hassle Ultimate Test Drive program. Ultimate Test Drive is available in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey and Texas. For more information, visit www.avis.com.
Avis Car Rental operates one of the world's best-known car rental brands with approximately 5,750 locations in more than 165 countries. Avis has a long history of innovation in the car rental industry and is one of the world's top brands for customer loyalty. Avis is owned by Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CAR), which operates and licenses the brand throughout the world. For more information, visit www.avis.com.